12V 100Ah Lithium LifePO4 Deep Cycle Battery
Welcome to Australia’s premier range of Lithium batteries. 4 years in the making working with one of the world’s largest cell manufacturers, we introduce you to the very latest quality product offering from OzCharge®.
This 12V 100Ah recreational Deep Cycle battery is suitable for uses in 4WD & canopies, caravan & RV, marine, recreational water sports, power packs & battery boxes, LED lighting and powering inverters. It can also be used in golf carts* & mobility scooters*, off grid solar, small energy storage systems and more.
Lithium is lighter, has a higher energy density and has a higher starting point voltage so we can power your passion…But why choose an OzCharge® Lithium battery?
Designed specifically for recreational use, the OzCharge® Lithium range boasts:
- Attention to detail - Superior cell quality
- UN38.3 Certification Safe to transport via air or sea, with the highest of cell and pack safety, this certification is your stamp of quality.
- Active cell balancing Battery Management Systems (BMS) on guard 24/7 protecting you and your investment.
- Smaller footprint our OCBL12-100 has one of the smallest footprints in its class at just 260Lx170Wx208H and just 11.5Kg. It even has a built-in carry handle.
- A 5 Year warranty and a 10 year service life with support for the life of the battery.
- The Power of ONE. Combine your OzCharge® Lithium battery with a dedicated OzCharge® Lithium charger for complete piece of mind as they charge as ONE. Optimised charging for better performance and life.
- Ozzie Lithium. We carefully selected a cell manufacturing partner who sources a percentage of their lithium from Australia.
- 100% Cobalt Free This means your battery has a much lower fire risk and does not contribute to environmental or social damage (poorer countries are being exploited to supply the rapidly increasing demand for Cobalt).
- Designed for Australian conditions. We specifically chose a cylindrical cell that has an excellent cycle life at a higher temperature range and can handle vibration and harsh punishment. We want it tuff enough to handle the rough stuff.
The choice is easy, don’t delay, order your OzCharge® Lithium today…
Attention to Detail - Superior Cell Quality
Here at OzCharge® our technical team have been tireless in their 4 year search for a cell manufacturer who shared the same passion for quality and reliability of product. This passion is testament by the success of the Australian design OzCharge® battery charger range which has been sold nationally by major groups like Battery World for over a decade.
OzCharge® Lithium cells are manufactured in state of the art facilities by one of the largest and most technically advanced cell manufacturers on earth. The attention to detail is next level and you benefit directly from the superior cell quality.
UN38.3 refers to part 38, paragraph 3 of the United Nations manual of tests and criteria for the transport of dangerous goods. This standard is used by the Airline and Maritime shipping industries as best practice for the safe transport of lithium batteries.
The standard requires that lithium batteries must pass an extremely onerous series of tests to ensure the safety of lithium batteries in transport. Only high quality cells pass this test and from the perspective of a consumer, a UN38.3 certificate is a tick of high grade and quality assurance.
UN38.3 testing includes:
- Altitude Simulation - Test simulates air transport under low-pressure conditions.
- Thermal Test – Test assesses cell and battery seal integrity and internal electrical connections under extreme temperature changes.
- Vibration Test - Test simulates vibration during transport.
- Shock Test - Test simulates possible impacts.
- External Short Circuit – Test simulates an external short circuit.
- Impact/Crush - Test simulates mechanical abuse from an impact or crush that may result in an internal short circuit.
- Overcharge - Test evaluates the ability of a rechargeable battery to withstand an overcharge.
- Forced Discharge - Test evaluates the ability of a primary or a rechargeable cell to withstand a forced discharge condition.
Active cell balancing Battery Management System
Internally within the OzCharge® Lithium range lies an electronic sentinel who stands guard over the battery 24/7. This sentinel or Battery Management System (BMS) will protectively disconnect the battery under certain conditions such as short circuit, over charging, undercharging, excessive current drawn and more. Not all BMS are the same. High quality units like the one in the OzCharge® range also do active cell balancing ensuring that each of the cells within the battery pack is equally charged. This not only ensures you get an optimum charge, but it also helps to extend the life of the battery.
Our 12 Volt 100Ah Lithium battery has one of the smallest footprints in its class at just 260Lx170Wx208H and just 11.5Kg making it ideal for those tight spaces or when space is at a premium. Our 100Ah and 120 Ah also come with a convenient carry handle.
5 Year warranty
Whilst the OzCharge® Lithium range comes with a 5 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty against major defects and workmanship, the life of an OzCharge® Lithium battery will be very much determined by the Depth of Discharge (DOD) and the number of cycles. The OzCharge® Lithium range is rated at 3000 cycles to 80% DOD (i.e. you have used 80% of the battery capacity and have just 20% of the energy remaining). If only discharged to 50% DOD once a day the battery could last for many years beyond the warranty. You may get a service life of up to 10 years.
Specifications (Model: OCBL12-100)
|Charge Voltage:||14.4V to 14.6V DC|
|Fast Charging Current:||50A (100A Max.)|
|Discharge Current:||100A (Continuous)|
|Peak Discharge Current:||500A (120ms) / 300A (3S)|
|Low Voltage Protection Cut Off:||<10V|
|High Voltage Protection Cut Off:||>14.8V|
|Cell Type:||Cylindrical LifePO4|
|Dimensions:||260 x 170 x 208mm (Group 24 Size)|
|Terminal Size:||M8 (7-9 Nm Torque)|
|Charge Temperature:||0 to 50° C|
|Operating / Discharge Temperature:||-20 to 60° C|
Compatible Battery Chargers
12V 25A Battery Charger and Maintainer Lithium Pro Series
12V 12A Battery Charger and Maintainer Lithium Pro Series
12V 6A Battery Charger and Maintainer Lithium Pro Series
*For details regarding series / parallel connections for this battery, please refer to the product owners manual.